Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Squishy Spring

This has been an incredibly squishy spring. The ground is squishy. My beds are squishy. Even my brain is squishy. The rain has been coming non-stop and today we received a much deserved respite from the deluge. So after our swimming lesson (yes, more water!), I ran home, fed the baby and then ran into the yard to complete my pea bed. My lovely husband built the frame for the trellis last weekend and I put up one side on Sunday, one side today. It is amazing how long tasks take with a babe on your back, even if she is taking a much needed snooze in her Kokopax (love it!).



So the trellis is up, but I already have some (damn) little Towhees scratching around in there. At least my rogue tulips are now safe from the deer. I hope.

This pic is for my dear friend who is no longer living on the island, but every time I see a tulip I think of her smile. 


This is snap peas part II. These are Oregon Snap Peas this year. The acorn squash from last year and the cucumbers were a little pathetic. We are going to start out with peas.  Please, notice that the barrels are covered with garden cloth. This is my feeble attempt against the avian friends / fiends. 

Ok, rain, today you are forgiven for keeping us indoors and making me watch "Blue's Clues" more times than I would like to admit. The greens, purples, yellows, pinks, whites, oranges and reds are putting on their show. Exhale. Inhale. The air is so fresh and light and crisp. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.