Saturday, October 10, 2009

Food Inc

I have come to a personal revelation recently that I grew up as part of a "cellophane" generation, everything came in a box or wrapped in cellophane and very little attention was given to what was inside those wrappers. I think the understanding was that nothing would be put on the shelves that wasn't good for us. Wow, could I have been more off target?

After watching "Food Inc" with my husband last night, we both walked out of the theater completely stunned. For starters, I highly suggest seeing this movie it contains information that you HAVE to know. Our food is merely a commodity with little thought given to its actual purpose, to feed and sustain us.

I know I have a lot more to say on the subject, my head is just bubbling over after seeing this movie and I think the part that bothers me the most is the actions of Monsanto. After just saying that, there are so many parts that are troubling: the story behind "Kevin's Law", Factory Farming, Genetic Engineering to name just a few. I need to come back and revisit these topics after a couple of night's sleep to think about how I am going to process what I have discovered.

One thing though, we walked into a local grocery store after the movie to get some coffee and my husband immediately reached for the "Fair Trade / shade grown" options. So sexy.

Ok, I am off to the Farmer's Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.