Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pub Burger Sauce



Do you remember that scene in "When Harry Met Sally"? In the cafe. You know the "I'll have what she's having" scene? They were thinking about this burger with this sauce. 

I am not a burger lover, but after the Good Apple and I read this recipe in Cook's Illustrated we had to try it out. Now the burger is good. Great local beef combined with butter (Yes, this is not lo cal. You ARE eating a burger. Come on now.),  pan-seared and then finished in a 350 degree oven. Juicy? Yes. Great flavor? Sure. But it is merely a vehicle for this...



Honestly, I am at a loss for words. Perhaps I will share what happened the first time we ate this sauce. The Good Apple ate TWO whole hamburgers. TWO! And I am sure he was considering a third. So, this sauce comes with a warning. Beware of over indulgence.


And yes, another warning. The Lil Man said, and I quote, "I would have to knock my head off if I couldn't have more of that sauce". He's serious. It isn't just for burgers and the Lil Miss couldn't get enough of the "Num Num". Please make sure you make enough to avoid any bodily harm. 

Here it is ladies and gentlemen, our adaptation of the infamous sauce...

Pub Sauce
3/4 cup mayo
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp garlic, minced

And yes, I made extra, but not quite enough according to the peanut gallery. Well go on. Make some and if you need a lovely little cap like the one pictured above - go here, if you would like a chance at a free one...follow me over here
Enjoy!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Oh yummers. I love pub sauce. Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds GREAT, Val! I'll have to try it on my favorite burger recipe. I love my burgers done well, but this often means it will be dried out. I found this recipe at Cooks Illustrated many years ago and it's never failed me yet. Flavorful, moist, no matter how long you cook it. I use better ground beef than they suggest, and it still works great. Paired with your sauce recipe, I hope I can resist having this more than te once or twice a week I've allowed myself red meat! http://www.jnoelle.com/recipes/Well-Done-Burgers.pdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing the recipe Christine! Please let me know what you think of the sauce.

      Delete
  3. I'm getting my beef ready now! This looks so yummy. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..... I do NOT like mayo. But, you're tempting me! I DO like burgers dripping in butter. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds divine! Maybe this will be tonight's dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I actually have a pound of ground beef thawing for dinner. Was gonna throw it into some KD, not anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good Val! I will have to try it this weekend with our burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, this sounds yummy! I'm going to try it on turkey burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just got hooked on local grass fed beef for burgers. This sauce may send us over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - and thanks for linking up on Thrive @ Home Thursday! My hubby and I have dreams of opening a brew pub. This would be PERFECT for on the menu!

      Delete
  10. Sounds easy enough. Ditto what Jennifer said. I don't eat beef but I will find other things to put it on. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Thanks for linking up to Thrive @ Home Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. From your description and the rave reviews you got, I just had to pin. I am hoping to try very soon! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Has anyOne actually made the sauce yet??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.