Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow? {June 26, 2012}

Sunday was the big day in the garden. (I won't write about the rest of the week because it mostly involves deer and sour sentiments and this is a HAPPY post). I pulled 46 heads of garlic out and they are in drying mode. These are HUGE heads of garlic and I am feeling quite proud. The last time we planted garlic, we lost about 12 heads to rot. This time we only lost 3. That is a major improvement! They are now sitting happily in our drying rack (which I adore--thanks mom).

After I pulled the garlic, I left the leaves along the side of the bed, for what it is worth. I know there are a lot of pests that do not like the fragrance of garlic, so we will see if this helps.

The peas are incredibly plentiful and the kids are regularly heading out to the garden for snacks of peas and strawberries. THIS is why I garden.

OK, enough about the garden for a moment. Almost 4 months ago, my blogging buddy, Kathy from My Dishwasher's Possessed, and I embarked on an incredible adventure and it is all going to come to fruition on July 16 as....

Logo by Loea Design

This is my third child. Bonbon Break is an online magazine for moms by moms. We have just launched our Facebook fan page and our Twitter page, so any support you can offer would be greatly appreciated. If you visit our site right now, you can sign up for our weekly newsletter, which will send you a reminder directly to your email when we launch. 

It has been a thrilling and fun adventure with Kathy and an unimaginable source of personal growth. I am so appreciative that she is my partner and for the overwhelming support for all of our friends and family. *full heart*

THANK YOU in advance for your support and PLEASE let me know how YOUR garden is growing!

OH yes, before I go... the winners of the awesome reCap Mason Jar caps are:
Tracey
Laura
Libbey
and Rossel  please contact me with your mailing address so I may send your caps to you!



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new site! You must be very excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the garlic! I wonder if I can grow it here in the valley, or if it's too hot. My accomplishment this week was to plant a Meyer lemon tree-I've wanted to do that for 20 years! If only I'd done it then, I'd be bragging about all the lemons I was picking...and I'm excited for BonBon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see your new venture! I've already joined the email list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the new site. Very proud of you girls for taking a leap. Here's my garden link up for the week. My broccoli has worms!! :( http://christiansupermom.com/rid-cabbage-loopers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to check out your new site! I wanted to let you know that I'm passing along the Versatile Blogger Award on to you. You can get more info here Versatile Blogger Award

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've still yet to have a successful garlic growing season. 2 years ago I got fed up with my garlic failures and just planted them around my fruit trees to deter the bugs...and guess what! They grew. I didn't dare harvest them because I don't like disturbing the ground around my fruit trees roots...what a dilemma!

    Looking forward to Bon Bon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.