Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New ideas

Ok, I am not going to lie. I couldn't motivate to take pictures of my garden today because it looks so sad. It has been terribly neglected this summer and I am amazed and thankful that it provided us with so many potatoes, onions, lettuce, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, peas and strawberries. But, it is almost done and I haven't planted anything for the fall.

So, Plan B is going to be activated. We are going to join up with a local CSA through Thanksgiving. This does mean that our diet will be largely vegetarian, so I had to confer with my hubby.

On Mental Chew, I will be sharing our weekly pick up list, what we are doing with the bounty and what we are supplementing with from what is left of our garden.

On one hand, I feel a little sad knowing that our garden fed us through October last year. Reality tells me, however, that gardening with a baby is challenging and we did pretty well. And secretly, I am really excited to get all of the winter squash they will be offering!!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great! I have been wanting to join a CSA too :) I'm going to investigate it today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.