Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Intermission

Mental Chew has been a little off this last week and I am mentally and physically exhausted. There has been a tragedy in my family and I need to regroup. My cousin went snow camping up on Rainier and hasn't returned. Huge search crews have been launched and on Day 12, still no sign after a major three day storm and a week plus of severe storm conditions on the mountain. This is a story without an ending. I went to the westside of the island today where I can look across the straits to the mountain and had a word with it. Please love today. Love this moment in your life. Create memories with your children and put the household chores and computers aside.

Please be patient with me and check in for updates.

XO,
Val

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

9 comments:

  1. Oh Val, how tragic! Much love and luck to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very scary and sad news. I am hoping the best outcome for your cousin and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I hope you find closure in some form at the end of this trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Val. Will send good thoughts and prayers your family's way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val, we are thinking about you and your whole family as each day passes. I have a little prayer candle on the sand in front of our palapa and as I light it each night, it's with prayers for safe return of your cousin and his companions.
    ~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val, I am thinking of you & your family and hoping for a safe recovery for your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just read this. My heart, my thoughts and my prayers go out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Val! This completely changes how I see your "moment" this week. I do hope that all is well. Sending much love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Val, I'm sending prayers. How horrible! Thinking of you,

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.