Monday, July 25, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow? 072611

Today felt like a garden love story. I had about 5 minutes to take pics in the garden before the day got too bright and I headed out with a feeling of despair. What WILL I take pictures of today? At first I was a grump, the deer nipped off all of my strawberries and plants in one barrel because the netting came off and I for got to replace it AND my beloved snap peas were on their way out. Grrrrrrr.
I hope you enjoyed them Bambi.
Bye Bye Snaps
But then, the zukes, the shelling peas, oh the shelling peas and their beautifully frantic tendrils. Then my onions which are the LOVE of my garden this summer. They are gorgeous, deliciously sweet and plentiful. What more could I ask for? Then I continue on to find new pumpkins, a RED cherry tomato and more. Here is a photo tour. Enjoy and Angela, please don't lick your screen! ;)

Canoe Shelling Peas
Tendrils
More tendrils
Tendrils, do you see why I love them so?


Onion love. These babies are a gardener's dream.
Sorry broccoli, I forgot about you. But did you see the onions? and the tendrils?
Baby pumpkin  
Protecting my babies 
Do you see the RED?!?!
Vegetable Jungle Madness
Soon.
How does YOUR garden grow?? Please share I want to see yours. I showed you mine. ;)

14 comments:

  1. I had to smile first at Bambi's feast. I bet he sits and watches you work and is always waiting for his chance! And those tendrils!! I have little tendrils coming off my cucumber plants and I love them soooo much, they are too cute!!!
    Your garden puts my itty bitty one to shame but maybe you've inspired me to show a tendril or two!
    Happy gardening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, your garden pictures are beautiful.
    Most of my garden, except the okra, peppers, tomatoes, gourds and melons has been cut up and soon we'll be replanting. I woke this morning to RAIN so I am pretty excited and I don't have to pull weeds! Even with the heat taking it's toll on the plants, the weeds just keep coming! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, your garden pictures are beautiful.
    Most of my garden, except the okra, peppers, tomatoes, gourds and melons has been cut up and soon we'll be replanting. I woke this morning to RAIN so I am pretty excited and I don't have to pull weeds! Even with the heat taking it's toll on the plants, the weeds just keep coming! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to smile first at Bambi's feast. I bet he sits and watches you work and is always waiting for his chance! And those tendrils!! I have little tendrils coming off my cucumber plants and I love them soooo much, they are too cute!!!
    Your garden puts my itty bitty one to shame but maybe you've inspired me to show a tendril or two!
    Happy gardening!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My garden feels so tiny in comparison to others I love. Baby steps. I hope to see some of your tendrils too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your garden looks great! I tried planting a tomato plant this year and it  isn't doing so well- lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Good luck with your tomato. Don't forget that they are hungry plants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed with your list of what is left! Happy rainy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That camera does magic tricks in your hands :-). Your photos are really lovely. Our garden is under stress this year and everything is coming in late. It, unfortunately, is not a pretty site. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. This makes me want to move to the island and have a big garden and a slower pace of life.  Well, as slow as you can get with an infant, but you know what I mean.  Beautiful! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, the pumpkin....I have a love affair with pumpkins although I suck at growing anything bigger than pie pumpkins. My peas are about half done. I've got pics sitting on the ipod I just need to upload them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Mary, what a compliment!! Our garden was so soggy and cold until June. We thought we wouldn't see anything outside of greens this year. Thanks for the visit and I love love love your site. I can't wait to try your new snow peas recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Come on over! We currently have chaos with a 4 year old and a busy body 8 month old. There is nothing slow-paced about us these days. It is wonderful to have landed here and we are thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are going for it this year with the pumpkins. I don't want to give something up before it happens (I have learned not to trust my garden in that way) but keep a watch around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.