Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer To Do's...tah dah

The sun is out and I am a keeper of To Do Lists (not to be confused with a completer of To Do Lists) so I felt the inspiration to create my summer fun / goal list with the help of some of my favorite blogs.

1) Make sure the kids are fed/clothed/cleanish.
2) Make sure the garden is watered regularly.
3) Monthly camping trip scheduled. (Check! That felt good.)
4) Take the time to pull out the camera during the memorable moments. My friend at Baby by the Sea excels at this. Perhaps I should adopt her Friday ritual to keep me on track.
5)Make some of the delicious recipes listed on Orangette to bring to Potlucks.
6)Grab some wisdom from the incredible Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen by reading her blog religiously. I love her style. She has some great baby food recipes too!!
7) Food for My Family gives me something to strive for with my blog. She hits it all, really. Gardening, recipes, going green and more. Take at look at this giveaway she had. I think it is how she won my heart. So, I too, hope to have a giveaway by the end of the summer.
8) Hike a new trail every week. There are so many on the island and my kiddos are happiest on the trail looking for fairies and bears. San Juan Trails Committee's website will help us choose our adventure sites.
9) Potlucks on Mondays at Roche Harbor, Music on the Lawn on Wednesdays and Beach Potlucks on Thursdays.
10) Submit a certain something somewhere.

Ok, so the list is out, now I am accountable, right?

What are your summer goals?

2 comments:

  1. Sweetness. It's good to have the constants of a blog -- something you always post. It's like an assignment. You should print out this fabulous list, post it to hold yourself accountable. This is a finely balanced list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness. It's good to have the constants of a blog -- something you always post. It's like an assignment. You should print out this fabulous list, post it to hold yourself accountable. This is a finely balanced list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.