Thursday, September 22, 2011

CSA week of Sept. 20 - No Fail Pesto




Another fabulous pick up from Heritage Farm.
My fridge is happy and so is my harvest bowl.


This week's share:

  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Collard greens
  • Cucumbers
  • Garlic
  • Head lettuce
  • Herbs: Basil, parsley, korean mint, summer savory
  • Hungarian hot pepper
  • Kale
  • Onions
  • Potatoes
  • Scallions
  • Scarlet runner beans
  • String beans: yellow and purple
  • Summer squash
  • Tomatoes: heirlooms, stupice and cherry




More greens! 
Sign: Grab all the basil you want. (For real!)
Beautiful summer squash
Tools of the trade 
Tending tools
Will you look at that list?!?! All I can think this week is pesto, pesto, pesto and bruschetta. We had our first dose last night with an incredible green salad. I bought a pork roast at the Farmer's Market this week that we will have for a couple of nights with the roots veggies, some of the greens and more delicious salads. This is living!
====================================
Here is the pesto recipe. It makes approximately 2 cups which is enough for one pound of pasta.


NO FAIL PESTO



Ingredients

  • 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
  • 6 cloves garlic
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup pecans

Directions

Combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and pecans in the bowl of a food processor, blender or hand mixer. Blend until smooth. 

3 comments:

  1. super screens :):):)

    Do you following me? I follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pesto! I am definitely going to try the homemade version- I bet it's even better than the kind in the jar :) And those sure are some sweet-lookin' veggies you have there! Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling I am going to love this blog!!! Great photos and information! Visiting from vB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.