Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekly Menu - Week of March 5

Monday - Sesame Noodles, Steamed Broccoli and Green Salad


Tuesday - Butternut Squash, Chicken and Quinoa Stew and Whole Wheat Bread
















Wednesday - Jamie Oliver's Garlic Crispy Chicken, Roasted Acorn Squash and Steamed Broccoli















Thursday- Shredded Beef Tacos from Gimme Some Oven














Friday- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Pea Salad and Garlic Bread














Saturday- MooShu Pork from Jungle Frog Cooking, Rice and Egg Rolls













Sunday - Bob's Red Mill Black and White Bean Soup Mix - recipe right from the package!















DETAILS:
Monday - The recipe I actually followed was awful, so I worked all week to bring you this one. Add broccoli, tofu, carrots, you name it. The noodles provide a delicious base. Lil Miss was scouring the floor for dropped noodles. Seriously.

Tuesday - This recipe was fast, filling and healthy. Excellent leftovers the next day as well.

Wednesday - This was another fast dinner. I followed Jamie Oliver's recipe with the exception that I doubled it and used bread crumbs instead of saltines. When I first mixed it, it came out really wet, so I added bread crumbs until it got the proper crumbly consistency. (~ 2 cups)

Thursday - These are becoming a favorite in our house. I followed the recipe to a T.

Friday - Easy night. Muir Glen Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Sauce and a pound of local ground beef. We took it to a friend's for dinner and she provided the rest. What a treat!

Saturday - I ended up modifying this recipe quite a bit, partially because the measurements are in grams and I don't have a food scale (what?!). I used 2 lbs of pork tenderloin and half of a HUGE napa cabbage, which made a TON. We had two lunches out of it. I also used one large portobello mushroom and no bamboo shoots. For the sauce, I added another tablespoon of sesame seed oil and 1/4 c honey and I used peanut butter. It was WAY too salty without the additions.

My major shortcut for this recipe was that I went to the local Chinese Food restaurant and bought the pancakes. When I read the recipe, I decided that I didn't want to spend my day making the pancakes and I know that I am horrible at getting dough thin. So I cut to the chase and bought them. That sidestep made this a quick dinner. In addition, I would say this is great over rice. We had a tasty warm lunch on Sunday before heading out for a hike. Lil Man said we HAVE to put this on the repeater list.

Sunday - The Good Apple made this one. I had the mix in my pantry and most of the ingredients. The only thing we omitted was the butternut squash since we didn't have any on hand. It was absolutely delicious. Deep, hearty flavors and great for lunch. Definitely a repeat.

2 comments:

  1. Yum. That crunchy garlic chicken is happening this week! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, these all look so good. Especially the butternut squash soup...mmm!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.