Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Sharing: Fun with Leaves featuring Hurrayic

~~Featured Blogger~~
Hurrayic
When I saw this post on hurrayic, I immediately emailed Ellen to see if she would be interested in a guest post. I think these are just brilliant and we are heading out tomorrow to gather leaves that we will use to create fun images later in the week. Take some time to enjoy the photos, recipes and more on her beautiful blog.


=~=~==~=~==~=~==~=~==~=~==~=~==~=~==~=~=
Fun with Leaves 
by Ellen Crandall
As mentioned yesterday, we had a very full weekend so when Monday morning arrived I brought out the glue, paper, paintbrushes and leaves we had pressed several weeks ago.


We needed something creative that also offered immediate results.
I have had this book sitting on my shelf for over ten several years now, and rather than pull it out and think, "oh, that would be nice to do...someday..." and replace it in its spot as I have done for the past ten plus several years, we finally put it to good use as inspiration.
So my kids set to work and roughly 45 minutes later, we had a...
a swooping swift...






















a dog who looks like he's dancing...

a rather ferocious looking reptile...

 and a mischevious mouse!


All of them loved this and would like to make more...


Definitely a good way to start out the week.


Here's another site that shows some very neat leaf animals by the author.

2 comments:

  1. We did this project before. It is so fun and they come out so nice. The only thing I didn't like is that the colors fade in time. Do you know of a way to preserve the colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw this on Ellen's blog I loved it! She has the most interesting nature ideas!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.