Monday, February 20, 2012

Pea Delay

Today is Presidents' Day, Pea Planting Day. It is also the day that I have decided to postpone, not the National Holiday, just the peas. BK (Before Kids) I would have rallied to get the job done because it was on my list. Kids force you to let go of OCD ways. Sick kids force you to put on the brakes, stay in your jammies and watch a stream of movies with intermittent naps, snacks, snuggles, and clean up (that's all I am saying).

So today I will wipe noses (including my own), check fevers and administer home remedies to my babes while watching the last half of "Finding Nemo" (the first half is "too scary"). This is truly gardening with kids. The peas can wait...and they will. The set meal plan can wait...and it will.

Ahhhchooo! Time to go wipe a nose.

4 comments:

  1. Val, I do hope your home is better soon. We are having the same sickness on this end of the country too[ I just hope I don't get it]!

    PS- in response to your comment, my husband and a friend are planting about 6oo acres for a CSA they are doing. Lots of veggies in the ground this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, This bug is just l i n g e r i n g. I am ready for it to go away and stay away. :P Everyone is better, but we aren't quite there yet. It took us an hour and a half to get breakfast made and eaten between nose blows, coughing spells and meltdowns. This will end, right?

      The CSA project sounds so exciting!!! I wish I had the land resources to do the same.

      Delete
  2. So true...moms have to prioritize, and sometimes we have no choice but to abandon our 'to do's' in favor of taking care of everyone else. I always think that someday they won't be around to wipe their noses, so I should enjoy it while I can! Happy planting, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, This is such a good reminder. The Lil Man already tells me he can "walk himself to preschool". I told him, "Nice try!". Peas still are not in the ground, but WOAH have we had some together time this week. :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.