Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Recipe Round Up - Keep it Cool

I am always gathering recipes. Always. These days it is more fancy than feast since my newly moving babe and 4 year old tend to...um...need constant intervention. These are some recipes I have gathered over the last week that just feel like summer.

The recipe for the pub burger has been tried and tested over and over and it is AMAZING. Get ready for the juiciest burger you have ever eaten. We use island beef and these have become our go to burgers. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT forget the pub sauce.

The creamed corn with lime was a hit at our 4th of July potluck. I just need to find a way to to continue cutting off all of the kernels without losing a finger. This recipe is going on next week's menu.

I included a few desserts since I love bringing them to Potlucks and these seem like good ones.  I think I will be trying the Frozen Pudding Cream Cake with banana pudding, strawberry ice cream and fresh berries. More to come!

Next week I will be sharing zucchini recipes because that is what we have en masse. Send me your favorite recipes to try out.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Those recipes look wonderful! I can't wait to try them out...especially the Greek Salad and Pink Lemonade Cake. Thank you so much for sharing. xx
    PS-there is a tool that you can buy to remove kernals from corn cobs. You just slide the cob down the side and the kernals are cut from a blade. Super easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! Creamed corn with lime sounds delicious. I usually make creamed corn with jalapeno, but I think I'll switch it up next time! I just made roasted carrots tonight! with fresh thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! Creamed corn with lime sounds delicious. I usually make creamed corn with jalapeno, but I think I'll switch it up next time! I just made roasted carrots tonight! with fresh thyme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.