Monday, July 18, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

This week we have had rain and more rain to go with the rain we already had. Welcome to summer in the Pacific Northwest where you grab your polar fleece from the hook before you head to the Farmer's Market.


We are overwhelmed with green right now. This week we have been harvesting broccoli, zucchini, yellow zucchini, snap peas, lettuce and onions. Our shelling peas are just getting started and we now have green CHERRY TOMATOES. Thank goodness. I thought the day would never come. Tiny little patty pan are starting to emerge as well as some of our pumpkins. We have one tagless squash that is going gangbusters and I have absolutely no idea what it is. Time will tell. 


For a year that I vowed to avoid tomatoes, due to the heartbreak they caused last year, we have about 7 plants that have come up as volunteers and just popped up several weeks ago. I am leaving them and attempting to ignore them. If it happens, groovy, if not, my heart will not be broken twice, right?


Here is my weekly trip through the garden. I had a little PhotoShop fun at the end since I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of green in my first draft. Let me know your thoughts and please please share a link to your garden photos from this week.


Our native rose

The perfect combo of sweetness

Volunteer tomato flowers

Emerging dahlia

Squash flowers

My baby greens. Can't wait for them to change!!

Mystery squash. Any ideas???

My lovely, dreamy sweet onions.

Significantly happier raspberries

garden color

Mystery squash cluster

simple yet settling

My helper
 ***NEW to MENTAL CHEW***


This week I am using LinkyTools to help us share our gardens. Please join below or leave an old fashion link in the comments area. THANKS!

6 comments:

  1. How pretty everything looks. I wish we had some of your rain as we are still really dry. Very cute little helper you have there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely garden pics. Certainly fair worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your garden looks great, thanks so much for inviting me to join you on tuesdays! i'm already doing two series per week, so i'm not sure a third will fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these!! :D Here is one of my happy little poppy pictures I took recently to add to the garden collection

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are beautiful photos. I am just learning the ins and outs of an editor program. You gave me great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these!! :D Here is one of my happy little poppy pictures I took recently to add to the garden collection

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your feedback, questions and comments. The back and forth is what it is all about! If you would like to leave a link to one of your posts, follow this format in your comment and it will be a hyperlink.